“One of the best things about my job is seeing the look of relief on the face of my patients, once the treatment is complete!”
Presently working as a Senior Director and Head of the Joint Reconstruction Unit (Knee & Hip) at Max Institute of Musculoskeletal Science, Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi, Dr. Ramneek Mahajan has performed over 15,000 surgeries in his lifetime, over 6,000 were Joint replacement surgeries including primary, complex primary, revision and multiple times operated revision joint replacements.
After his graduation and post-graduation in Orthopedics from Government Medical College in Aurangabad, Maharashtra in 2003, Dr. Ramneek completed his Advanced Training Orthopedic Fellowship from Singapore, Germany & Australia.
When he’s not with his patients, Dr. Ramneek enjoys Cycling and playing Badminton with his wife and kids.
“As a kid, my perception of medical science was- Doctors do Surgery. The thought of Operation Theatres, Scrubs, Instruments, were tempting enough for me to become a Surgeon.”
Dr. Ramneek has a special interest in Complex, Revision Knees and Hip Replacement & Arthroscopic Surgery. He participates actively in camps and awareness campaigns for patient welfare.
“Here was a Doctor who explained my problem with so much concern and warmth, that I didn’t think twice before putting my life in his hands.” Says one of Dr. Ramneek’s patients after a complex Knee Replacement Surgery.
To ensure maximum care and attention for his patients, Dr. Ramneek Mahajan is currently practising at Max Smart Superspeciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi and Care4U Wellness Centre, East of Kailash, New Delhi.
Dr. Mahajan obtained his medical degree from Government Medical College, Aurangabad, Maharashtra in 1997 and completed a Post-Graduation from Government Medical College, Aurangabad in 2003 and his Advanced training Orthopaedic Fellowship in Singapore, Germany & Australia. Since 2005, Dr. Mahajan is working extensively in Primary Hip, Knee and Revision Joint Replacement. Dr. Ramneek then took up the public position as Head of Orthopaedics at the Nova Specialty Hospital,Kailash Colon from 2010 to 2014. Dr. Mahajan was also a Visiting Orthopaedic Surgeon for the Fortis Hospital from 2009 to 2014.
MBBS (Govt. Medical College, Aurangabad) in 1997
Academic Awards & fellowships
MS Ortho 2003.
Fellowship in Joint Replacement, Singapore, April 2007.
Fellowship in Joint Replacement, Germany, Feb 2009.
Advanced Training in Arthroscopy, Munich, December 2010.
Fellowship in Joint Replacement, Brisbane, Nov 2012.
M.Ch (Ortho), Jan 2013.
Max Smart Super Specialty Hospital (A Unit of Max Healthcare)
Mahajan’s Hip & Knee Center
- Life member of Delhi Orthopaedic Association
- Life member of Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Life member of Indian Federation Of Sports Medicine
- Life member of Delhi Medical Council
- Life member of Indian Arthroscopy Society
- Life member of Delhi Arthroscopy Society
- Life member of Geriatric Society Of India
- Study of Primary Cemented Total Hip Arthroplasty in Fracture Neck Femur above the Age of Sixty Years
- Role of Non-Cemented Bipolar Arthroplasty in Various Hip Disorders.
- Early functional evaluation of posterior cruciate retaining Total Knee Arthroplasty in patients of Osteoarthritis- Thesis Guide & Primary Surgeon.
- A Prospective Clinical Evaluation between Intra-Articular Injections of Methyl Prednisolone and Triamcinolone in Osteoarthritis of Knee Based on The Efficacy, Duration & Safety” 4
- Comparison of Urate – Lowering Efficacy and Safety of Febuxostat And Allopurinol in Gout Patients
- Posterior Stabilized versus Posterior Cruciate Retaining in Total Knee Arthroplasty: Our Experience
- Total Knee Replacement in Post Infective Stiff Knee
- Total Hip Arthroplasty in Dysplastic Hips presented at AIIMS Cadaveric arthroplasty meet in February 2016
- Total Knee Arthroplasty in Extra articular Deformities presented at 37th SICOT, Rome Italy in September 2016
- Comparative analysis of intact operative proximal tibia morphometry with commercially available tibial components in TKR in India population. (Ongoing)
- International Journal on Current Microbiology and applied sciences, volume 2 Number 10(2013) pp.369-381 ISSN: 2319-7706 A Prospective Clinical Evaluation Between Intra-Articular Injections of Methyl Prednisolone and Triamcinolone in Osteoarthritis of Knee Based on The Efficacy, Duration and Safety.
- Journal of Arthroscopy & Joint Surgery (JAJS), Aug 2018 Spontaneous Bilateral Quadriceps Tendon Rupture in a Patient with Chronic Kidney Disease: Case Report & Review of Literature.
- Journal of Anaesthesiology Clinical Pharmacology, Volume 34, Issue 4, 2018, pp.433- 438. A comparative analysis of femoral nerve block with adductor canal block following total knee arthroplasty: A systematic literature review
- Nigerian Journal of Orthopaedics And Trauma, Volume 17, Issue 2, pp.53-63 The effective diagnosis of chronic monoarthropathy: What are our options?
- Anthropometric Assessment of Tibial Resection Surface Morphology in Total Knee Arthroplasty for Tibial Component Design in Indian Population.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
- Second in University during 2nd M.B.B.S.
- Third in University during 3rd M.B.B.S.
- Best Thesis award in M.CH.
- Award of honor at Annual conference of Geriatric Society of India in 2010.
- Best Paper Award on Advances in Total Knee Arthroplasty in IOACON 2007.
- Award of Honor at Annual conference of ICMR in 2011.
- Best Thesis Award in M.Ch. Degree.
- Award for Entrepreneurship at saluting the spirit of Entrepreneurship- North India, March 2016.
- Prestigious “Sushruta award” in November 2017.
- Awarded “Rising Star- Orthopedics” by Times Group in Healthcare Achievers Program, 2017, New Delhi
- Awarded “IMA TIGER”- National Award at IMA Men’s Health project launch on 29th July 2018, New Delhi
COURSES ATTENDED INTERNATIONALLY:
- Faculty at Primary & Complex Knee Arthroplasty Course, July 2019, Singapore.
- Faculty at SICOT, Rome, Italy 2016
- Faculty at Asia Pacific Hip & Knee Symposium, Great Expectation, Melbourne, Australia, April 2016
- Faculty at International Hip and Knee symposium, Great Expectation Meeting, Kuala Lumpur, 2014
- Faculty at International Hip and Knee symposium, Great Expectation Meeting, Singapore 2013
- Current Concepts in Joint Replacement, Las Vegas, May 2012
- Workshop on Trauma, Mauritius,2011
- Annual Conference of Trauma Society, Mauritius- 2011
- Annual Conference of Trauma Society, Singapore – 2010
- Advanced Fellowship in Arthroscopy Shoulder and Knee, Dec 2010, Germany
- Fellowship Joint Replacement, Feb 2009.
- Fellowship Joint Replacement, Singapore, Apr 2007
Delhi Medical Council – No. 18019
Dr. Mahajan has been happily married for 15 years and has 2 children. His sports and recreation include Cycling & Badminton. I hope you find this website interesting and informative. Patients can always be assured of his best care and attention at all times!